Sunday, February 9, 2014

6 and 7 months old

Yet another post that never actually got published lol I am horrible!

So I am kinda a bad blogger in that I missed writing down what I knew about Ainslee when she was 6 months old. It was really a big month of milestones for her so it should have been easy to come up with stuff but it was also a pretty busy month I guess. We took her to the doctor for her shots and she weighed 20 lbs and was 27 inches long.

When she was 6 months old she got her first two teeth! Yay and at the same time not yay. Her bottom middle teeth came in and that meant I had one pretty grumpy girl. I read a lot of articles and things about babies since that is my life/job now and I have read that some babies go through teething without really a problem. I don't know if I entirely believe that but I know without a fact that I don't have one of those babies lol.  She has a terrible time with teething, and I personally hate it. It disrupts her eating, and sleeping. I have decided that she is an excellent sleeper if she isn't teething. Right before she started she was sleeping all night. Most nights from 8:30pm or 9pm until 5am sometimes even 7am! Great sleeper, but then the teeth start to come in and she wakes up all night every couple of hours. Which as a newborn I just kind of became accustomed to, but once she spoiled me with a full nights sleep it was so hard to go back haha. Anyways those two finally broke through and we had maybe 3 or 4 weeks of a break yay!!!

Another milestone that she met was crawling. We went home for a visit one week and she was scooting kind of an army crawl the next week she was full blown crawling and now she is super fast. She actually crawled for the very first time on August 21st :)

Right after she learned to crawl, maybe two days after, she introduced us to a new trick....using furniture to pull herself up. That was a shock the first time I looked down and saw her right there in my lap lol. That is one of her favorite things to do now. She uses the couches, table legs, chairs, walls, the open dishwasher, dressers, her exersaucer, and my least favorite my legs. She doesn't like being in the exersaucer anymore but she still loves to play with the toys silly girl so she just stands next to it. That was pretty much the big stuff that happened while she was six months.

Now for this month. She is 7 months old and it is going by so fast I honestly never really imagined what she would be like after she turned 6 months because that felt SO far away. Now before I know it she'll be 2 years old, crazy.

1. So first of all she had a solid food strike this month. For some reason for about a week she wouldn't eat any solids which was so weird because she has loved pretty much everything we've fed her so far. It was really frustrating and I tried everything I could think of but nothing worked. Every meal was turning into a battle where she was crying and I was mad so I just decided to take a break. For a week I didn't set her down in the highchair and try to spoon feed her. I just fed her milk and then while I was cooking dinner or cleaning I let her sit in the highchair and feed herself which she was ok with. We have some of those mesh bags for fruits and veggies and so that's all she ate. After a week I tried some green beans and she ate the whole jar. I was so happy and relieved, I thought I was going to have a picky eater. She is still eating pretty good from a spoon, but I also let her feed herself more and she loves it. I have to keep my OCD in check though and not try to clean her up all the time lol she gets pretty messy and I am getting better at just letting her be messy :)

2. She is getting really good at crawling and cruising around along the furniture. I bet that she will be walking in a couple of months because she is so into everything and absolutely loves being mobile. She crawls all over the house just getting into everything. I love it and she is so cute the way she crawls!

3.She is getting her top two teeth now. I can see the right one as of yesterday so let's hope that means I can have my happy baby back.

No comments:

Post a Comment