Last Saturday was free fishing day up here in Idaho so we decided to go up to Henry's Lake and see if we could catch a fish or two. We went there two years ago and didn't even get a bite so this time we went to a different spot hoping for better results but no such luck. In the words of Anthony we got skunked :) We had a really fun day as a family though and so it was all worth it. Anthony did catch a fish later in the day in a stream around Island Park. It was some kind of sucker fish though lol so he threw it back. We also made a stop at Mesa Falls which was so cool. It is a beautiful waterfall. I didn't get any pictures of it though because we just used the video camera, but it was really cool. Ainslee enjoyed hanging out at the lake, she didn't get to see her daddy actually catch the fish because the mosquitos were horrible! They ate me up in the two seconds I was out of the car of course but she didn't get any bites luckily. When we were at the falls she had just woken up so she was sleepy and not really noticing anything around :) It was a really fun day. I was worried that once we had Ainslee we would stop doing fun things (kind of a stupid fear I know) but I'm glad to say we still get to do lots of fun things now we just have another person to share them with :)
This was the lake
The only fish of the day

No comments:
Post a Comment