Saturday, September 22, 2012

Big News!!!

We are so excited to announce that we'll be having a little girl in February! We had the ultrasound earlier this week and everything looks great. She is doing wonderful and is a very healthy little girl. Anthony's guess was of course boy and I couldn't settle on one way or the other so it was a surprise for both of us. I was a little worried about how Anthony was going to react, but being the wonderful man that he is, he's super excited. He couldn't wipe the smile off his face and the second we left the doctor's office he wanted to call everyone :). I had to drive home because he was talking on the phone, I was excited but it really made me happy to see how excited Anthony was. I can say I have loved being able to look at pink baby things and imagine buying them for our little girl. 
 
According to the doctor her heart looks great, her brain is good, and all her organs seem to developing well. She is growing right on track, weighs 10 oz and that puts her in the 60th percentile. So here are a bunch of ultrasound pictures that may not look like anything, but we're so excited I just have to put them on here.

 
This is one where we got to hear her heartbeat. It was 152 beats
per minute which the tech said is perfect.

 
A profile shot of her face and her arm which is bent
and infront of her face.

 
Here are the pictures that proves she's a little girl.


 
Little face and brain :)

 
I love this one of her foot, I think it's just adorable!

 
This is another shot of her foot from the side. It is flexed and 
you can see her calf and knee...kinda a hard one to make out.

 
Another shot of the bottom of the foot that is a little hard to see,
but it's right below the word "foot".

 
A face shot again. I have a feeling she is going to be
a cutie!

 
Here's a really good picture of the bottom of her other foot.

 
Here's her arm in front of her face.

 
And the other hand/arm which was behind her back.

 
This is one of my favorite face pictures.

 
Another couple of face shots :)


 
She was not in the best position for a 3D shot, but this is the one
we got. You can see her nose, lips, and eyes here.

 
This is one of her leg

 
Here is a much better shot of the leg.
She has some strong little muscles already.

 
And one last picture to comfirm the baby is a girl.
 
Needless to say we are just so so excited. We got to watch her on the ultrasound for about 45 minutes because she was basically head down and folded in half. She would not move positions which made  it really hard to get some of the pictures they needed to get. We loved getting to see her for so long though and just can't wait to meet her in February!

2 comments:

  1. Yayayayayayay! These are so cool, I love the little foot ones. I can't wait until Feb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great pictures! We are way excited for Sophie to have a little friend. I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete